Who We Are
Our church, the Stowe Community Church, in Stowe, Vermont is a little different from other Protestant churches in rural Vermont. We are part of a resort community that has become recognized internationally. Therefore, we have drawn people here from a wide range of communities, lifestyles, and denominations.
We think that the wide cross-section of backgrounds, represented by both our members and guests, makes us unique and special. Whether Stowe is your home or you are just visiting with us for a short time, we invite you to join our community of worship.
What We Believe
Since its creation, the Stowe Community Church has possessed a broad Christian theological position. The only requirement for membership is the acceptance of the Covenant, adopted by the original Charter Members in 1920 and maintained through the present.
While we share a common belief in God and Jesus Christ, we support you in your individual interpretation of Christianity.
Our Statement of Faith (based on the United Church of Christ of Canada Statement of Faith)
- We are not alone, we live in Godâ€™s world.
- We believe in God, Father Almighty, who has created and is creating, who has come in Jesus Christ,â€™the word made flesh, to reconcile and make new, who works in us and others by the Holy Spirit,
- We trust in God.
- We are called to be the church. To celebrate Godâ€™s presence as revealed in Holy Scripture, to love and serve others, to seek justice and resist evil, to proclaim Jesus Christ, crucified and risen, our judge and our hope.
- In life, in death, in life beyond death, God is with us.
- We are not alone.
Thanks be to God. Amen
- Minister: The Rev. Bruce S. Comiskey, 802-279-5811
- Organist/Music Director: Karen Miller, 802-533-7720
- Administrative Assistant: Mary Lou Durett, 802-253-7257
- President: Patrick Lacey
- Vice President Lana Burkhardt
- Clerk Tim Horton
- Treasurer: John Rains
- Deacons Virginia Kerrigan, Robert Marshall, Nancy Myers, Gayle Rapp
- Trustees: Michael Alekson,Tex Bruns, Scott Hamilton
- Education: Chris DeRienzo
- Financial Recorders: Ben Brayton and Dave Myers
- Womenâ€™s Fellowship: Marcia Johannesen
- Head Usher Dian Williams
- Flowers: Judy Grosvenor
- Missions: Karen Monsen
- Music Committee Chairpersons: Mort Butler and Janet Godin
- Prayer Team Leader: Kandy Neil 253-7579